K-RIC PROGRAM & PUBLICATIONS
Intellectual property plays an important role in providing a competitive edge to any Institution. The intangible assets like inventions, designs, software, brand name and other creative & innovative ideas are more valuable than physical assets. The Krupanidhi Group of Institutions – Karnataka State Council for Science & Technology Intellectual Property Cell (KGI-KSCST IP Cell) is committed to encourage, protect, manage and commercialize Intellectual Property such as Patent, Copyright, Trademark etc generated through the Institution. The cell creates conducive environment in the academics for the development of Intellectual Property. Institutions in developed and developing countries across the world are facilitating the protection of the innovative ideas of the inventors through Intellectual Property Rights (IPR). In the same context, KGI-KSCST IP Cell of Krupanidhi extends its support for the need to create awareness about the importance of IPRs as a marketable financial asset and economic tool among the researchers, faculty and students of the Institution.
OBJECTIVES OF KGI-KSCST IP CELL
- To create awareness about IPRs for faculty members and students by organizing workshops, seminars and training courses within its integrated campus.
- To enable patent searches in the Institution.
- To guide KGI inventors with reference to patenting their inventions with the help of authorized Patent attorney.
- To impart training on future endeavors regarding patent filing processes.
- To create an opportunity for product development and commercialization.
- To arrange periodic meeting with faculty members/students along with officers of Patent Information Centre (PIC), KSCST for identifying patentable inventions.
- To create and facilitate with a transparent system for detailing the ownership control and assignment of intellectual properties generated.
EXPECTED OUTCOMES OF KGI-KSCST IP CELL
- The intellectual property rights in an academic system that imbibes ethical practices for all the stakeholders of the Institution, which in the longer run get deeply embedded as good practices, as they step into their professional careers.
- The participants of this program will be aware on how to protect their idea or innovation through IPR.
- A platform with sound foundation for the development of smart human resource with appropriate training to explore new careers in IPR, management of innovation, enhanced employability and entrepreneurs.
ACTIVITIES OF KGI-KSCST IP CELL
- Organizing IP clinic activities in which student will be asked to express their innovative ideas for which KGI-KSCST IP Cell will provide proper guidance on the scope of developing the proposed idea into an innovative product.
- The KGI-KSCST IP Cell will conduct various competitions exclusively on IPR (quiz, debate, and essay) and the winners will be issued certificates and prizes to encourage the students to study more about IPR.
- The KGI-KSCST IP Cell will periodically conduct seminars on the various issues of IPR by pooling in experts in the field of IPR.
- The KGI-KSCST IP Cell will facilitate the filing of patent applications, identifying patent agents/attorneys.